Thursday, July 31, 2008

Thank you, Winston...

Maybe the analogy isn't perfect, but I am going to use it anyways. During the throes of WWII when things were still going pretty badly for the British, Winston Churchill rallied his fellow countrymen time and time again. This one applies to my 23 Things learning journey the last several weeks. "We are not at the end, nor even the beginning of the end, but perhaps we are at the end of the beginning."

This learning process never ends but it has helped me... get...more...organized! My digital world has had too many loose strings the past few years. My learning more about Del.icio.us, Letter James, RSS feeds, podcasts and dozens of other "organizers" has made a big difference in how I "handle" business- and personal-related "stuff".

PBCLS will need more of the same programs to keep its staff up-to-date. We also need forums where staff and patrons can brainstorm what is do-able within a library setting. Thank you, Winston, for helping us realize that this is a long road...

No comments: