Monday, July 14, 2008

Wii Thoughts

Just got back from vacation. Spent a week cruising around Jupiter with my my son and daught-in-law from Houston. My wife also joined us. We gave "the kids" (in their 30's!) the Wii game console for an early Christmas present. Figured playing video games -- with self-imposed time limits -- would help relieve stress. We were right! After staying up until 1:00 or 2:00 a couple of nights, it did relieve stress and was a learning experience.

I'm also thinking how we could apply this seemingly very realistic video game to our library experience. With the "remote" (a great double-sided word if there ever was one!) wii (sorry) we could, for example, have our patrons tour the stacks a lot quicker. We could just line then up and go for the strike, ball, net, face, etc. with ease. Or how about checking their material out on the fly, like the SunPass lanes, as they're leaving the library?

While I'm working on further comparisons with Wii, let me tell you about our deep sea fishing excursion last week...

No comments: